Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 2: Fat burning or how winter helps you lose weight


First of all, let me mention that this method is not recommended by any doctor but comes from my personal experiences and how my body reacts to cold. Also, all stunts mentioned in this blog post is done by a professional and not to be imitated.

Diets. Weight Loss Programs. Exercise. None of them actually worked for me in the long run.

Tried Atkins
Lost so much weight, like 5kg and counting, wife didn't like it, said that it makes my body too acidic and is bad for health. So dropped it and the pound came back. Well you can say yo yo effect.

Tried the less rice/meat more veg
Apart from feeling miserable, I don't think I lost many. There is always a funny feeling there like, you are full but unsatisfied. Doesn't help, you eat more of the other stuff and still you feel horrible.

Tried Exercise
Actually did Yoga, feels great! Really do, problem is I eat too, and well afterwards. So balances the energy output with the food intake. Didn't help with the weight. But man I feel good and alive.

What really works for me?

Burning fats by losing heat
So how does one burn fat? Exercise and heat generation. If I rule out the exercise part, there is only heat generation. So first you need to figure out how much energy you actually need in a day. For a lazy person like me, I figure, if I eat what I'm eating while not doing any extra exercise, and I'm getting fat means my energy intake is much higher than what I'm using.

Right?

So lets try to reduce that intake. Reducing dinner is a no no, I don't care what others say. I can't sleep at night with an empty stomach. I'm so sorry. So lunch has to go instead. One needs 2,000kcal a day so I'm assuming that my lunch should consists of around 1,000kcal. So the plan is to take only around half of that so 500kcal.

What is 500kcal?
2 corn cobs and a boiled egg.

That solves my intake part, down by 500kcal. On the the output part.

You know how your parents say, "dress warm don't you feel cold?", the point is to dress the minimum you can take to prevent hypothermia.

The best gauge is when you're not shivering, but your hands are freezing cold.

Next step is do what you do, meaning nothing. Within the first 2 hours the energy from your food will be burnt as heat for your body and you'll start burning your fat reserves for heat.

Yes you will feel terrible but, it will all be worth it because by the end of one week you would have lost 4kg.


No comments:

Post a Comment