Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 3: My lamb kebab says "Meow!"















Bought a bunch of kebabs from a street vendor near my office and shared it with our office staff. Tastes really good, not over cooked, juicy. Everyone loved it.

Then I noticed that lamb smell in my mouth, so I went to get a drink of water to wash it down. Guess what, it won't go away. Now I'm worried. However I did notice that my assistant did not eat any of the kebabs. In the most indirect way I could think of was to ask, "you don't like lamb?", I was in no way prepared for her reply. "It might be cat."

I could hear my cat go "Meow" to mourn the death of his brother in arms.

And her next statement was, I quote:"Beef is cat(meat) and lamb is rat(meat)."

My sweet assistant has a way of putting out the facts with no regards to how it would sound. Something with the kids born after the 90s.

"And the mutton taste that won't go away is the process in which they soak the meat in lamb pee so it smells like mutton."

Thanks Mary(name changed to protect her identity), you don't say.

You could hear a pin drop at that point. Should have taken a picture of one of the other managers who just had 3.

After a quick Google search, this came up.

Tip of the day:
Don't eat kebabs. Unless you like your meat marinated with pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment